To see the latest volunteering positions we have available, please visit the Volunteering Vacancies page
Why become a Volunteer?
• To maintain and develop your existing skills
• To Access FREE training
• Your voluntary experiences can be added to your C.V.
• Volunteering can be a step towards employment, providing you with experience, skills and proof of commitment
• You will receive travel and "out of pocket" expenses
• Volunteering could be an opportunity to put your skills and experience to valuable use without disrupting your benefits
• It can develop your confidence and self esteem
• You could support someone else to develop their confidence
• It could be an opportunity for you to support another person in developing their skills
• Volunteering provides an opportunity for you to work without the pressures of employment, it offers: flexible hours of work and flexible holidays.
Research has shown that volunteering is good for your general well being and can give you that "feel good factor". It can combat depression or reduce stress by providing you with a focus and a sense of achievement.
Opportunities within D.A.D
Volunteers are recruited throughout D.A.D and have varied roles and responsibilities. You can browse our projects on this Web Site to decide which project(s) interest you the most.
Some of our current volunteer duties include: administration and reception work, computing, collating and updating of information, supporting individuals or groups to develop skills in education, training or leisure activities. Supporting people to access social activities, such as visiting the theatre, arts or leisure centre. Supporting individuals to do their weekly shopping, or assisting someone to pursue a hobby whilst possibly giving a carer a break.
Whatever time you have available, D.A.D will value your skills and commitment and place you within a project that best suits you.
Interested in becoming a volunteer with D.A.D.?
You can apply by requesting an application pack from D.A.D Volunteer Recruitment on Telephone 01325 360524, Minicom 01325 245061, Fax 01325 267758 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
On completion, please return to Recruitment (Volunteer Project), D.A.D, Unit 1B, Enterprise House, Valley Street North, Darlington. DL1 1GY